Parametric Lantern; Shining a Light on This Program

 Bonne journée ♥ Good Day!


For this project, I chose to make a really fancy closing lantern.

Because I had to use an emissive object, I decided to manually render each frame. Hence the stop motion vibe, gif at the end.

Here is my Process:














I used a lot of class shown features, but I had to do a ton of research to problem solve this. The tapering was a logistical nightmare, and in the end the lid was too high so light leaked through. By the time I noticed, all my renders were already finished and I would've had to re-animate.

Live and Learn I guess... Maybe that's today's send off phrase...

Here's my GIF! I hope you enjoy it


Vis et apprend! ♥ Live and learn!

Comments

  1. Looks amazing!! Love the animation and lighting changes

    ReplyDelete
  2. The animated shifting light pattern is so satisfying to look at!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Job Kitt! This is incredible.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts